Graffiti Diversion Program.
The program is a multi-pronged approach to the management of graffiti offending.
Alleged offenders are:
- Linked to a youth advocacy specialist lawyer for court representation.
- Provided with short term counselling intervention for the purpose of developing an action plan.
- Required to participate in a facilitated education session that reviews their legal rights and responsibilities.
- Issued with a Certificate of Completion and copy of their action plan as proof of participation.
- Provision of legal representation to young people under 25 years of age who are charged with graffiti offences.
- To determine an action plan for each young person that identifies risk factors as well as appropriate legal alternatives for expressing themselves.
- Examination of offending behaviour.
- To encourage young people to own their actions.
- Exploration of the consequences of further offending.
- To steer young people to positive pathways.
Eligibility & bookings
If you wish to refer a young person he/she must be at least 10 years old and under 25 years of age.
To make a referral or find out more about the program, please contact us. Bookings are essential.
For an electronic version of our Graffiti Diversion Program brochure, click here or on the image below.