Law Education Program.
Our Law Education Program is offered as a diversionary option to the Police, Children’s Court and Juvenile Justice Teams. The program is designed to assist first time or minor offenders to understand why they offend, the impact of crime on themselves, their families and the wider community, and the consequences of continuing to offend.
Young people and their parents participate in a range of activities under the guidance of a facilitator. The program lasts for 2 hours. Young people completing the program receive a completion certificate as proof of attendance.
- Provision of relevant and useful information to young people and their parents.
- Education on legal rights and responsibilities.
- Examination of the causes, effects and consequences of offending.
- Increased knowledge as to why young people offend.
- Increased knowledge of the laws applicable to young people.
- Increased knowledge of legal processes and resources.
- Improved capacity to better manage their futures.